While we have slow down our lives tremendously, we are still making memories right where we are! Here's what we've been doing lately...
- After a spending a fantastic summer with my 8-year-old niece, our lives have quieted down alot; but we also have our freedom somewhat back (still have a puppy to deal with).
- We kayaked twice this summer on Inks Lake... once with my niece and once, just David and I. Inks Lake is only a short drive from our house.
- We've explored eateries here in our small town and still have more to try!
- We boarded Sadie for a whole day (& night) and started our day with breakfast at Bluebonnet Cafe. Then enjoyed the Hill Country driving over to New Braunfels on the backroads. We spent 3 hours floating on the Comal River that was just divine! The water was the perfect temperature and you can see to the bottom the water is so pretty and clear! From there we headed back north with no plans for dinner but were looking for something. We saw that Buc-ees was just up ahead and decided to stop in and check it out. We'd heard cool things about Buc-ees. It was... HUGE! Once home, we learned that this is the largest convenience store in the world..."In May 2012, the company opened its largest store in New Braunfels, Texas on Interstate 35 and FM 306. The New Braunfels flagship is the largest convenience store in the world at 68,000 square feet. The store features 60 fuel pumps, 31 cash registers, 4 Icee machines, 80 soda fountain dispensers, tubing and water gear for the Guadalupe River, and a farmer's market that features Grade 1 fruit and produce." (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buc-ee's). They serve food in there but do not have any seating to enjoy it! From there, we took another new-to-us back road headed to Pecan Street Brewing for dinner. We've had this on our list to visit... Cute, cute place with friendly wait staff. They brew their own beer and David tried their most popular and really enjoyed it.
- David has found some online work that he can do from home and is enjoying exploring that... It's not a whole lotta work but gives him something to do and gives us a bit of spending $$.
- Work on the house has halted and will pick back up come Fall when we can enjoy having the windows open. We have two more rooms we want to paint!
- Sadie has been a whole lot more work than we had anticipated! We've had 5 dogs between us and none of them have been as high maintenance and stubborn as this little lady. We've determined that she needs more space and/or other dogs for the energy that she has! The lack of outdoor space for a large dog was a concern when we got her, but we are glad we did as the circumstances she came from we've come to realize weren't the best. So we look at it as rescuing her and give her a healthier start over in her life.
We are in the process of making a "new" bucket list. I have my 52 things list that I made on my birthday last year that has pretty much been at a standstill... but I will update that on my upcoming birthday.
We have dreams of doing a bit more travel soon and have realized we love the traveling part of RV'ing, just not the traveling in an RV full-time part. So we are trying to compromise and figure out what it is we want to do!